The Guild of Scenic Artists is a member organization serving to champion the careers of professional Scenic Artists by fostering community, providing educational resources, and help with industry challenges.
The Guild of Scenic Artists is a member organization that believes that different backgrounds and perspectives create a stronger and more creative environment. We recognize that each of us contributes to inclusion. For everyone to be engaged, they must feel valued and included. We do this by encouraging our community to bring their full self to the workplace, providing educational resources that allow for the best talent to emerge, and help with industry diversity challenges.
Our Commitment to Our Members:
We will not sell, share or trade our donors’ names, email addresses, or personal information with any other entity, nor send mailings to our members nor on behalf of other organizations.
This policy applies to all information received by the Guild, both online and offline, on any Platform, as well as any electronic, written, or oral communications.
To the extent any donations or dues are processed through a third-party service provider, our members’ information will only be used for purposes necessary to process the payment.
It is important that you understand your responsibilities as a user of this website and as a member of our community. Please take the time to review this section and the terms of Guild Membership carefully.
1. Conditions of Use
The Guild of Scenic Artists or “Guild” will provide services to you, which are subject to the conditions stated below in this document. Every time you visit this website, use its services or make a purchase, you accept the following conditions.
3. Copyright and Intellectual Property
Content published on this website (digital downloads, images, texts, graphics, logos) is the property of the Guild and/or its content creators and protected by international copyright laws.
- Every time you send us an email or visit our website, you are going to be communicating with us.
- You hereby consent to receive communications from us. If you subscribe to any digests on our website, you are going to receive regular emails from us.
- We will continue to communicate with you by posting news and notices on our website and by sending you emails.
- You also agree that all notices, disclosures, agreements and other communications we provide to you electronically meet the legal requirements that such communications be in writing.
5. Applicable Law
These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of the United States of America and the laws of the State of Wisconsin.
Any dispute related in any way to your visit to this website or to products you purchase from us shall be arbitrated by state or federal court and you consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue of such courts.
7. Comments, Reviews, and Emails
- Visitors may post content as long as it is not obscene, illegal, defamatory, threatening, infringing of intellectual property rights, invasive of privacy or injurious in any other way to third parties.
- Content has to be free of software viruses, political campaign, and commercial solicitation.
- We reserve all rights (but not the obligation) to remove and/or edit such content. When you post your content, you grant the Guild non-exclusive, royalty-free and irrevocable right to use, reproduce, publish, modify such content throughout the world in any media.
8. License and Site Access
We grant you a limited license to access and make personal use of this website. You are not allowed to download or modify it. This may be done only with written consent from us.
- Merchandise returns and refunds from our store are limited, please see the policy located on our store page.
- Refund of membership fees are only available within 30 days of sign up minus a 25% transactional service fee. Thereafter no refunds are offered.
- Members must be 18 years of age.
- Members must be affiliated with the Scenic Art industry.
- Membership is contingent upon staying current with all applicable fees. See here.
- When you become a Guild Member you receive a user account that allows you full access to our Site including, the Guild Forum, the Scenic Route Archive, the Guild Resource Hub.
- If you are an owner of a member account on this website, you are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your private user details (username and password). You are responsible for all activities that occur under your account or password. If you realize there’s any unauthorized use of your username or breach of security you need to let us know immediately.
- As a member, you promise that information you give is true, accurate and complete and that you will keep your account information up-to-date (including a current email address)
- For antitrust reasons please refrain from any language that could be interpreted as price-fixing, bid-rigging or boycotting. Please see our Antitrust policy here.
- Your membership is not transferable.
- We reserve all rights to terminate accounts, edit or remove content and cancel orders in their sole discretion. See section 12.
- More information about how the Guild Board, committees and voting rights are set up can be found by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
11. Forum and Social Media Rules
- The Guild Forum is only accessible through paid membership. Join here.
- The Forum, Forum Groups, and Blog commentary section are for discussions related to the Scenic Art industry. It is in the voice of the individual people and not of the Guild organization.
- No spam. All automated messages, advertisements, and links to competitor websites will be deleted immediately, and membership may be terminated.
- If you are a representative of the product or service you are writing about, make that clear.
- Respect other users. Harassment is not allowed. Members who post inflammatory, abusive comments, and or private messages, are subject to immediate termination of membership.
- We ask members to follow our Antitrust Policy and refrain from any language that could be interpreted as price-fixing, bid-rigging or boycotting.
- Post in Relevant sub-forums. Messages posted in the wrong topic may be removed and placed on the correct sub-forum by moderators.
- Adult content. Profanity or pornography is not allowed and may result in account deletion.
12. Termination of Membership
- If you no longer wish to have a registered member account, you may terminate your account by navigating to your member account details and choosing ‘cancel’.
- If you no longer accept these terms and conditions, you must cease use of the Guild Site. Continued use of the Guild Site indicates your continued acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- If for any reason, we believe that you have not complied with these terms and conditions, we may, at our sole discretion, cancel your membership access to the registered areas of the Guild Site immediately and without prior notice.
As a Guild member, you may be eligible to receive gifts and or discounts if and when we set up a Referral Program.
‘The Scenic Route’ is an organizational blog written and edited by The Guild of Scenic Artists.
Blog articles labeled as ‘Sponsored’ have accepted forms of sponsorship, and or, other forms of compensation such as free products, services, and cash. We do not accept paid insertions or pop up advertisements.
This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion, and identity. The compensation received may influence the content of topics. That content or post will be clearly identified as sponsored content.
Even though the owner of this blog receives compensation for some of our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers’ own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
A sponsored blog post may contain content which might present a conflict of interest. This conflict will always be identified within the blog article.
For questions about ‘The Scenic Route’ please contact email@example.com
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
The Guild of Scenic Artists is an organization of Scenic Artists, many of which can be seen as competitors. As such the Guild must act cautiously to ensure against violations of federal and state antitrust laws. Topics that should not be discussed during or after association meetings include those that could be construed as an agreement even tending to (a) Fixing prices, rates and/ or credit terms, (b) Allocating markets or customers. (c) Regulate the production or availability of products or services, or (d) Restraint of trade (e.g boycotting).
We use a print-on demand service, so we ask you respect that all sales are final.
Error in Product
If the item is the incorrect item or defective in some way, we will return or exchange the item with no cost to you.
We will gladly exchange the merchandise within 30 days of purchase.
You are responsible for the return shipping costs.
To be eligible for an exchange, your item must be in the same condition that you received it.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a return or exchange.
All items must be shipped to the following address:
Guild of Scenic Artists
℅ Scott Gerwitz
5347 W Drummond Pl
Chicago, IL 60639