This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 years, 5 months ago by Gilda.

  • Author
  • #18672
      • Experience: 15-20 years
      • Scenic Status: Full Time Freelance


      I have a student who is applying to UNCSA for a masters in scenic painting.  She would like a few options to choose from, and I wasn’t sure where to send her.  I don’t think Cobalt or Studio and Forum of Scenic Art offer the masters degree she’s looking for.  Are there others that I can refer her to?  Thanks!


        • Experience: 20+ years
        • Scenic Status: Full Time Regular

        Partner Member

        How exciting for her and you!

        Have you checked out our Resource Hub Page for Education programs? It lists a lot of great programs – and is open to anyone to view.

        Education Programs

        We also have several in-depth articles in our “Spotlight on Education” series about many of the programs so you can research more about the philosophy and course work etc. You could pull those up for her if she is not a member.

        Currently, UNSCA is the only program in America offering an actual Masters in Scenic Art-  please correct me if we are wrong.     Both Boston University and  Cobalt have fantastic 2-year full-time programs and offer certificates.   Also if your student is more adventurous check out some of the programs across the pond!  RADA and Scotland have great programs and Bristol does offer a Masters.

        Wish her the best of luck from us!






      Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

      You must be logged in to reply to this topic.


      ©2024 Guild of Scenic Artists

      Log in with your credentials


      Forgot your details?

      Create Account