April 20, 2020 at 11:05 am #19511EvanWRapp
- Experience: 5-10 years
- Scenic Status: Full Time Regular
Now that the whole world is coming to an end, it would be nice to see how everyone else is doing out there. I don’t want to drag out depressing topics in the news, but it would be nice to see the positive things that we are all taking away from this experience. How are you all maintaining sanity? What have you discovered and learned? What has made you smile or laugh? I’ll start with myself…
– I’ve had to take up homeschooling and quickly realized that I am not a third grade teacher. Teachers deserve to make a billion dollars a day. Nonetheless, I’ve figured out ways to make it fun for both of us and it’s taught me a lot about patience and helped my son to become more independent. It’s fun to give him wrong answers and watch him work through it only to prove me wrong. Puts a big old smile on his face when he slaps me with the “you’re wrong dad”.
– We’ve been maintaining sanity by walking the dog. Tremendous amounts of walks. Discovering new streets around town and saying hi to strangers has really helped to maintain a sense of community. Ask someone how they are doing even if you don’t know them.
– This situation has given us the time to do all the things we haven’t been able to keep up with. I love to see my yard looking good again. My gardens are ready for full-on spring weather. My house is (somewhat) clean. My car is (somewhat) clean. My shed is organized. My basement is organized. My laundry is still sitting in the dryer waiting to be folded. I’ve begun teaching my son Italian language and it gives me the chance to brush up on it as well.
– Truly and sincerely, the days are long. Homeschool is tough. Cooking meals nonstop is a pain but I have the chance to try to recipes. Keeping up with everything is still exhausting. But at the end of the day, I am so happy to be able to spend the quality time with my son and dog.
So…. how the heck is everyone else?
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.