This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 weeks, 3 days ago by Lianna Mae Smith.

• Author

I have been a painter professionally for a few years now, first as a Mardi Gras artist/ painter and sculptor,  and more recently  these past couple years as a scenic and sign painter for film and small theater here in New Orleans. I have been wanting to get more and more experience, contacts, and education so here I am. Though I am concerned that the most recent postings have been from around 3+ months ago according to the forum stats, I still wanted to reach out.

Jeffrey Cook
      • Experience: 20+ years
      • Scenic Status: Full Time Regular

Member Member

Hi Lianna

Welcome to the community. I find that the activity goes up and down just based on how everyone gets busy with work, etc. but there is lots of great information archived here and people do respond if you reach out to them. The big USITT convention is in Seattle this March (my city) and if you are able to attend there would be a range of activities and connections you could make in the scenic arts. But one good thing about this Guild is that it’s available any time without having to travel.

I loved my tour of the float studio in New Orleans that I took years ago, and encourage others to go visit that shop if they are in the area, it was really amazing and inspiring to see.

Regards, Jeffrey

Thanks so much for taking the time to respond to my post.. Hope to see you around!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CONTACT US

©2024 Guild of Scenic Artists

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account