November 7, 2019 at 9:30 pm #18163
The Guild has started highlighting some of our awesome members on our Facebook page, and I wanted to share them here as well. Take a second to check out some of your awesome comrades!
Our first spotlight is Amanda McMall (http://www.AmandaMcMall.com), who is on her 4th season as the Scenic Artist at Pioneer Theatre Company in Salt Lake City, Utah. We asked Amanda some questions on what things she loves most about Scenic Art.
– Favorite Paint Treatment: “Wood grain – there’s so many ways to do it.”
– Favorite Scenic Paint Color: “Van Dyke Brown”
– Favorite Tool: “A chip brush – they do so much. It’s what we mainly use for almost everything at Pioneer Theatre Company.”
– Favorite Activity Outside the Paint Shop: “I love to hike & explore the nature around me.”November 7, 2019 at 9:31 pm #18164
Our October ’19 Spotlight was Lisa Borton (http://www.LisaBorton.com), Lecturer & Resident Designer at University of Michigan-Flint. Here’s some of the things Lisa loves most about the craft:
– Favorite Paint Treatment: “There is something so satisfying about a nice, simple faux bois. But also can I trompe l’oeil?”
– Favorite Scenic Paint Color: “Magenta!”
– Favorite Tool: “Rubber graining combs”
– Favorite Activity Outside the Paint Shop: “Drinking margaritas with friends!”December 27, 2019 at 2:16 pm #18402
The November issue of our Member Spotlight Series featured Guild member Paul H Lunnon (https://www.paul-h-lunnon.co.uk), a retired Scenic Artist and photographer from Harrow Middlesex in the United Kingdom. Here’s how Paul answered our Scenic Art themed questions:
– Favorite Paint Treatment: “Wood grain rustic wood effects.”
– Favorite Scenic Paint Color: “I love the brown pallet, hence I like wood”
– Favorite Tool: “My 4” brush and my Sata spray gun”
– Favorite Activity Outside the Paint Shop: “Photography, set design and building, [I’m a] trained pyro technician and [design] Christmas lights.”
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.