This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 3 years, 5 months ago by Former Member Content Archive.

• Author
     Ellen Jones
    • Experience: 20+ years
    • Scenic Status: Part Time Freelance

Member Member

Hi,

When I was freelancing full time I had professional liability insurance. I got it at the time through The Crafter’s Guide and for many years through Chicago Artist’s Coalition. I have been doing other full-time work that has mitigated the need for that, but am thinking about making some changes.

Please share who you are getting liability coverage from, especially if you are doing residential and commercial work.

Also if anyone has found health insurance better and/or cheaper than the marketplace exchange for Affordable Care Act I would like to hear what you found.

Thanks for any information!

Ellen

Scott Gerwitz
    Admin
    • Experience: 20+ years
    • Scenic Status: Full Time Regular

• Partner
      Partner Member

Elzabelle wrote:

Hi,

When I was freelancing full time I had professional liability insurance. I got it at the time through The Crafter’s Guide and for many years through Chicago Artist’s Coalition. I have been doing other full-time work that has mitigated the need for that, but am thinking about making some changes.

Please share who you are getting liability coverage from, especially if you are doing residential and commercial work.

Also if anyone has found health insurance better and/or cheaper than the marketplace exchange for Affordable Care Act I would like to hear what you found.

Thanks for any information!

Ellen

I get my liability insurance through State Farm. They require that your ‘business’ to be running for 2-3 years before they will cover you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My small business has business insurance through Liberty Mutual. If you have other insurance through Liberty Mutual (home, car), you can combine it for a multiple policy discount.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CONTACT US

©2021 Guild of Scenic Artists

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account