This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 4 years, 1 month ago by Former Member Content Archive.

  • Author
    Posts
  • #14783

    Had this happen a few times now. When trying to get a rich black wash, as the wash dries it turns a very “white grey”. In this case I had just used Super Sat Velour Black and water on raw wood.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    #15330
     Angelique Powers
    • Experience: 20+ years
    • Scenic Status: Full Time Regular

    • Member
      Member Member

    I’ve had better luck thinning out Black Tough prime onto Luan than the SS. Not sure why it worked better.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    #15331
     EvanWRapp
    • Experience: 5-10 years
    • Scenic Status: Full Time Regular

    I’ve had some issues with blacks getting somewhat foggy when there was a lot of humidity in the air.

    #15332

    EvanWRapp wrote:

    I’ve had some issues with blacks getting somewhat foggy when there was a lot of humidity in the air.


    Ha! Yes… Charleston is just a wee bit humid!

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    #15333

    Qpowers wrote:

    I’ve had better luck thinning out Black Tough prime onto Luan than the SS. Not sure why it worked better.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    Good to know!

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    #15334
    KellyD wrote:
    Had this happen a few times now. When trying to get a rich black wash, as the wash dries it turns a very “white grey”. In this case I had just used Super Sat Velour Black and water on raw wood.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/

    I ended up using a water based minwax stain that I am SUPER happy with! Think that this will be my go-to when I need a very “black” wash from now on- also “played nice” when added to my paint washes! Highly recommend!

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CONTACT US

©2021 Guild of Scenic Artists

Log in with your credentials

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account